Friday, January 16, 2009

Passion

"God created us to live with a single passion: to joyfully display his supreme excellence in all the spheres of life. The wasted life is the life without his passion. God calls us to pray and think and dream and plan and work not to be made much of, but to make much of him in ever part of our lives." The enemy has been defeated and death couldn't hold you down, the enemy has been defeated, defeated, and death couldn't hold you down!

Paul said, "I die every day!" (1 Corinthians 15:31). Jesus said, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross DAILY and follow me" (Luke 9:23). Daily christian living is daily christian dying. The dying I have in mind sometimes is the dying of comfort and security and reputation and health and family and friends and wealth. These may be taken from us at anytime in the path of Christ-exalting obedience. To die daily the way Paul did though, and to take up your cross daily the way Jesus commanded, is to embrace this life of loss for Christ's sake and count it gain. Not only did he say, "To die is GAIN," but also said, "Whatever GAIN I had in life! I counted as loss for the sake of knowing Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may GAIN Christ" (Philippians 3:7-8).

What is your biggest fear? What are you most passionate about? What can I do for you Lord? My heart yearns for lost people of this world, my soul thirsts, to feel the embrace of my savior everyday, God is that gap, only God can fill that gap, and our deepest desire is to know Christ as our closest friend, I want to be deep in love with you Father! The Lord is our redeemer, and our life, our passion, our fear for the Lord, our how can we be used by you God, is to grow everyday in Him, its to fall deeper in love with Him every single day! I am in deep in love with you Abba Father! Fear Him, Love Him, Live for Him and only Him, because he chose you first, he loved you first! Feel the unconditional love of Christ, and do it with a compelling passion to see Christ Glorified, the picking up of your cross daily, the dying to your self daily, to die is GAIN!

No comments: